Well, I’m happy to report that I finally finished my eBook, How to Choose Children’s Books, which I’ve been working on for the past year or so. The download page is here and the book is free. You can also get there by clicking the title page graphic to the right.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- Practical tips on picking great books for kids of all ages—infant through young adult.
- Guidance on what makes books attractive and developmentally valuable for children.
- Analysis of themes, illustrations, stories, and the use of humor in children’s books.
- Philosophical reflections on the role of children’s books in the development of character.
- A comprehensive list of online resources for finding excellent children’s literature, including book lists, sources of professional book reviews, and children’s literature blogs.