Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- Practical tips on picking great books for kids of all ages—infant through young adult.
- Guidance on what makes books attractive and developmentally valuable for children.
- Analysis of themes, illustrations, stories, and the use of humor in children’s books.
- Philosophical reflections on the role of children’s books in the development of character.
- A comprehensive list of online resources for finding excellent children’s literature, including book lists, sources of professional book reviews, and children’s literature blogs.
For those of you who end up downloading and reading it, I would be especially grateful for your feedback on it, whether encouraging or constructively critical; just leave it below in a comment on this post. I’d like the book to be as helpful as possible for parents, teachers, and anyone else concerned with getting good books into the hands of children; your feedback will help me to achieve that goal.
Finally, if you think the book would be helpful to anyone you know, please tell them about it or pass the digital copy of it along to them. Better yet, share it on Facebook or Twitter; the “share” button below makes it easy. Again, the download page is here if you are interested. Thanks!